This week we are going totally crazy and making cookies in the microwave!
These are Graham Cracker Bars!
- 2 cups finely crushed graham crackers (about 29 square crackers)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 T butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 5 1/3 oz can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In bowl, mix crumbs and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Add milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Place a small juice glass in the center of greased 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Spread batter around the glass.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, till top appears dry, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook! Loosen edges and remove glass. Cool and cut into bars.
Instead of putting a juice glass in the center, I opted for this little Tupperware bowl I found. It seemed to work just fine!
“So, how are they?”
The Verdict: Meh
From The Testing Notes –
Not bad, but not great either. The pros were that this actually cooked in the microwave to a real cookie texture, which I was surprised about. The cons were that it was a bit on the dry side, so make sure you don’t overmicrowave this. Also, it didn’t have much flavor at all. If you are desperate enough to make this one night, I would suggest adding a bunch of cinnamon and some salt or something (anything!) for flavor.